TLS Community Housing and Assistance Program CHAAP
Provides temporary transitional housing assistance for Homeless Families and single men and women over the age of 18, and operates 4 low income housing properties serving the Homeless and general population of St Lawrence County.
- Serves Homeless Families
- 16 duplexes in a quiet section of Ogdensburg
- 2-4 bedroom units several with handicap access
- Serves Single Men and Women over the age of eighteen
- Single room occupant community style living. One person per bedroom with community living, kitchen and bath areas. Each room has its own dresser, closet, and dorm sized fridge.
- Property is staffed during normal business hours and on call after hours by Case Managers whose focus is advocating for each resident according to their individual needs.
- Advocacy goal is to Transition our residents to independence and build an alumni who will return and assist with future residents
Low Income Housing
- 4 properties available as low income rentals predominantly utilized as stepping stone from SRO’s.
- Three 1-4 bedroom apartment units and one duplex property
- Located in Ogdensburg, Waddington, and Heuvelton
The typical causes of Homelessness are addiction, unemployment, joblessness, mental health issues, domestic violence and family crisis. The immediate goal of the program is to provide shelter and then to follow up by identifying the cause of the Homelessness and provide the family or individual with the necessary assistance and tools to reverse their circumstances to a better future.
Click here to download our current CHAAP Housing Application .
ADOBE READER - you will need Adobe Reader to view PDF files on our website. Download information is found here.